Monday, December 28, 2009

Tell me if this would be a good recipe to cook ribs?

I plan on doing a cajun seasoning dry rub and then slow cook the ribs and once and a while cover them with Italian dressing? Does this sound delish?Tell me if this would be a good recipe to cook ribs?
Cajun seasoning and italian dressing don't sound like they would go together well to me. Why don't you try using the cajun seasoning and then basting with BBQ sauce mixed with a little vinegar and water to thin it out. The vinegar will help to tenderize the ribs.Tell me if this would be a good recipe to cook ribs?
Yes, yum-m, I do something similar to that myself. I boil my ribs for about 30 min. Then I pour italian dressing all over the ribs and season with 5-spice, garlic, cajun, and onion powder, and then let that marinate for 30 min. to an hour. After the ribs have been on the grill for a while , I will add a little


b-b-q sauce to the italian dressing and start basting this on until ribs are done.
No, that does not sound like it would taste good. lose the Italian dressing. And only use about 3 inch's of water in the bottom of your crock pot, let the ceramic liner not the water do the cooking for you. then top it off at the end of cooking the ribs with a Good bar-b-que sauce
The cajun spice rub sounds great, but lose the the Italian dressing. Try making a liguid with a little orange juice ( the citrus will balance the spice beautifully) BBQ sauce and a little whiskey or beer then braise them uuntil tender and finish them on a grill or smoke them
I normally give the meat a beer bath before adding any seasonings to it.





Cajun and Italian doesn't sound like a good combination.


If anything, make your own marinade with similar ingredients in the dry rub.
No not italian dressing! I can't imagine it. Make a good bbq sauce. Michael Chiarelli has a great one on Food.com.
Oh yes! I had ribs last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment