Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can I convert a recipe to cook in a convection oven?

I would like to cook a meal at my work for our holday party, but all I have to cook with is a convection oven. My recipe calls for 400 degrees for 20 minutes in a conventional oven. If I did that in the convection, it would come out black!How can I convert a recipe to cook in a convection oven?
It partially depends on what exactly you are cooking! As kind of a general purpose guideline drop the temp by 25 degrees (or so) and start checking for doneness 3/4ths sooner than normal (in this case at 15 minutes). If you add to your question to tell what you will be baking I could give a more precise answer.





Edit:





One other thing...most (but not all) convection ovens have a switch to disable the fan, No fan means you have a regular oven!How can I convert a recipe to cook in a convection oven?
you could lower the temp by 50 degrees
  • chicago theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment