Thursday, December 24, 2009

I just purchased a Cook's Essential pressure cooker from QVC... and wondered if anyone had a good recipes.

It came with a small book with a few recipes but nothing very appealing. The infomercial had me hooked...but now I wonder if I ripped off.I just purchased a Cook's Essential pressure cooker from QVC... and wondered if anyone had a good recipes.
You weren't ripped off... I've got one and use it quite frequently. I'm only sorry I didn't have it years ago.





Look through all your own recipes. Many can be made in the pressure cooker. I even make some of my casseroles in there using raw pasta. You can make just about anything in 12-20 minutes. Look at the cooking times on the chart they gave you and assume it will take a little longer. I find their times aren't enough.





One of my favorite quickie dinners is an Italian casserole. It's basically the recipe I made in the oven but I use raw pasta and extra liquid.





Pressure Cooker Pasta Bake





10 oz. raw pasta


3.75 cups water


1/2 lb. raw ground beef browned with onion and seasonings


1 jar Prego pasta sauce (Traditional flavor)


4 oz. of grated cheese


1 large chopped onion (in addition to what was used with meat)


1 large spoon of chopped garlic (type in jar from produce dept.)


1/2 t. Morton's Natures Season or other seasoned salt





Place pasta and water in cooker. Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for 15 minutes.





Pressure Cooked Cubed Beef With Pasta





1 lb. cubed beef (browned with onion and seasonings)


10 oz. raw pasta


3-4 cups water


2 cans mushroom soup


1 envelope dry onion soup


1 large spoon of jarred garlic (type from produce dept.)





Mix in pressure cooker and cook on high for 25 minutes.





Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice





1 cup raw rice


2 cups water or chicken broth


1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into strips and browned with garlic and seasonings


1 can creamed soup


1 envelope dry onion soup


1 cup sliced celery


1 large spoon of jarred garlic (from produce dept.)





Cook on high for 12 minutes. White pressure-cooking, prepare a vegetable like broccoli to stir in at the last minute before serving.





I normally don't use a lot of canned soup but these make for some super quick meals when you're in a bind.





Fool around with your own favorite recipes. One of the best things in the pressure cooker is ribs. They fall right off the bone. Another favorite in our home is beef stew. It was the first thing I tried and couldn't believe it had exactly the same flavor as the stew I used to cook on the stove for literally HOURS. Just make sure you brown all of your meats before you pressure cook.





Google around for pressure cooker recipes. Here's a site for converting recipes for the cooker....





http://missvickie.com/howto/cooking101/a鈥?/a>I just purchased a Cook's Essential pressure cooker from QVC... and wondered if anyone had a good recipes.
Look at this website:


http://crockpot.cdkitchen.com/
I hope you will enjoy these recipes http://xrl.us/recipesecrets
google pressure cooker recipes,, I love them, cut up stew meat and pressure cook it with a can of diced tomatoes,, some salt and pepper,, makes the meat melt in your mouth,,

No comments:

Post a Comment