Monday, December 28, 2009

How long should I cook this Greek recipe for chocolate sweet?

I have a recipe for chocolate sweet but it doesn't say how long you are supposed to cook (bake?) it. Here's the recipe:














Chocolate sweet - (Glykisma me sokolata)


INGREDIENTS





160 gr chocolate, grinded 160 gr almonds, cleaned and mashed with a mortar 160 gr sugar 4 egg whites, beaten to make a marengue





METHOD


Mix all ingredients well. Pour the mixture into a buttered baking pan and bake in moderate oven.














I have already figured out that a moderate oven is at 350 degrees, but if someone could tell me how long to bake it, I would appreciate it.How long should I cook this Greek recipe for chocolate sweet?
I haven't been able to find the recipe on the internet that has the time, but I would guess that since it is a meringue recipe, you should bake it until it starts to brown around the edges. I would bake it at a lower temp, maybe 275 to 300 degrees, for about 45 minutes. Meringues typically bake at a lower temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment