Thursday, January 7, 2010

The recipe says: ';Cook cauliflower til tender-crisp';, what does cook mean? to fry or boile?

English is not my mother tongue.


ThanksThe recipe says: ';Cook cauliflower til tender-crisp';, what does cook mean? to fry or boile?
Boil.The recipe says: ';Cook cauliflower til tender-crisp';, what does cook mean? to fry or boile?
Shallow fry
It would mean to boil but not cook completely especially the white stalk for tender crisp. I don't like tender crisp. I like my cauliflower tender. I put it in cold water, salted, on high heat for 20 -25 minutes. Take it off the stove %26amp; strain.





I prefer my vegetables cooked, not al dente.
boil or steam.
Boil the water, add the cauliflower once boiling and leave only for a minute or two.
It means to steam or boil. To get tender crisp, steaming might be the best way to go. Just put the pieces in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and then microwave for 4 minutes. If you can puncture it with a fork and it gives with just a ';pop'; on the surface, you have it right. If it is still takes quite a bit of pressure, then cook for 2 minutes at a time until it is as you want it.
I would steam or boil it.
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment