Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can i cook a double recipe of green bean casserole in the same casserole dish?

I have a standard (i guess) casserole dish and i just don't want the stuff to overflow and i don't have the extra cash to get another dish. Does anyone know if this will overflow or not turn out right? And do i cook it twice as long so that it all gets cooked?Can i cook a double recipe of green bean casserole in the same casserole dish?
I don't know what recipe you're using or how many servings, but when I use a 13x9 baking dish, I always double that recipe on the can of French's fried onions for greenbean casserole. If I don't, it's too shallow and not enough. (Actually I have even tripled the recipe). I don't even go by the cooking time on the recipe. If you're using canned green beans, everything is basically already cooked. You can just tell it's done when it gets kind of bubbly and the fried onions start browning.





I don't think it will overflow. I think it will be fine. But just mix all the ingredients in a big bowl, then pour into your pan. You'll be able to tell if it's too much for the pan. And if it is, can you then just pour the rest of it into a smaller pan and bake separately?Can i cook a double recipe of green bean casserole in the same casserole dish?
i wouldn't really double the recipe for the same dish, but if you want to, make sure you check it at a reg time so it won't burn or be over-done or anything...





===========
Use a 9 x 13 inch dish. Check for doneness at regular time, adjust if not done yet
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment